- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Literary Hook: Womanspace hosts prose and poetry readings
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
Womanspace, 3333 Maria Linden Drive, Rockford, is hosting an afternoon of prose and poetry in the Anjali Pavilion June 16. Readers will present their original work on the themes of summer, love, losses and awakenings.
Along with the readings, Gale Ketteler will sing songs related to these themes at midpoint of the readings.
If you would like to be a reader, call (815) 877-0118 right away.
Admission is $5. Come and celebrate original voices in a beautiful setting. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this event.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue