- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Midsommar Fest at Erlander Home Museum June 16
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will celebrate the Swedish tradition of Midsommar at a festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, June 16, at Erlander Home Museum, 404 S. Third St.
Enjoy great foods such as delicious sandwiches, strawberries and ice cream, and Stockholm Inn’s Swedish pancakes. Activities for children of all ages will include the game of Kubb throughout the day. An assortment of vendors and a bakery sale will also be included.
The maypole will be raised at noon, along with singing and dancing. Entertainment includes Swedish dancing and fiddling groups from Chicago.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue