- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Midsommar Fest at Erlander Home Museum June 16
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will celebrate the Swedish tradition of Midsommar at a festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, June 16, at Erlander Home Museum, 404 S. Third St.
Enjoy great foods such as delicious sandwiches, strawberries and ice cream, and Stockholm Inn’s Swedish pancakes. Activities for children of all ages will include the game of Kubb throughout the day. An assortment of vendors and a bakery sale will also be included.
The maypole will be raised at noon, along with singing and dancing. Entertainment includes Swedish dancing and fiddling groups from Chicago.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue