- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Midsommar Fest at Erlander Home Museum June 16
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will celebrate the Swedish tradition of Midsommar at a festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, June 16, at Erlander Home Museum, 404 S. Third St.
Enjoy great foods such as delicious sandwiches, strawberries and ice cream, and Stockholm Inn’s Swedish pancakes. Activities for children of all ages will include the game of Kubb throughout the day. An assortment of vendors and a bakery sale will also be included.
The maypole will be raised at noon, along with singing and dancing. Entertainment includes Swedish dancing and fiddling groups from Chicago.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue