- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Midsommar Fest at Erlander Home Museum June 16
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will celebrate the Swedish tradition of Midsommar at a festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, June 16, at Erlander Home Museum, 404 S. Third St.
Enjoy great foods such as delicious sandwiches, strawberries and ice cream, and Stockholm Inn’s Swedish pancakes. Activities for children of all ages will include the game of Kubb throughout the day. An assortment of vendors and a bakery sale will also be included.
The maypole will be raised at noon, along with singing and dancing. Entertainment includes Swedish dancing and fiddling groups from Chicago.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue