- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
Midsommar Fest at Erlander Home Museum June 16
The Swedish Historical Society of Rockford will celebrate the Swedish tradition of Midsommar at a festival from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, June 16, at Erlander Home Museum, 404 S. Third St.
Enjoy great foods such as delicious sandwiches, strawberries and ice cream, and Stockholm Inn’s Swedish pancakes. Activities for children of all ages will include the game of Kubb throughout the day. An assortment of vendors and a bakery sale will also be included.
The maypole will be raised at noon, along with singing and dancing. Entertainment includes Swedish dancing and fiddling groups from Chicago.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue