- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
New concession food operator on Rec Path
Rockford Park District has finalized a summer concession agreement with Tiki Shack Concessions for the operation of a concession stand along the east bank of the Rock River, on the Rock River Recreation Path, just south of the Symbol sculpture.
Concessions will be available seven days a week during daylight hours, with the exception of July 4.
The menu is varied, and offers items suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks, with a number of options for health-conscious exercisers and visitors.
Menu items include real fruit smoothies, fresh fruit, nachos, grilled chicken and burgers, as well as ice cream and soft drinks. A Fido-friendly item will also be available for four-legged friends — a lactose-free ice cream “doggie dessert” with a dog bone on top. The public is invited to visit this new vendor.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue