- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
New concession food operator on Rec Path
Rockford Park District has finalized a summer concession agreement with Tiki Shack Concessions for the operation of a concession stand along the east bank of the Rock River, on the Rock River Recreation Path, just south of the Symbol sculpture.
Concessions will be available seven days a week during daylight hours, with the exception of July 4.
The menu is varied, and offers items suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks, with a number of options for health-conscious exercisers and visitors.
Menu items include real fruit smoothies, fresh fruit, nachos, grilled chicken and burgers, as well as ice cream and soft drinks. A Fido-friendly item will also be available for four-legged friends — a lactose-free ice cream “doggie dessert” with a dog bone on top. The public is invited to visit this new vendor.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue