- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
New concession food operator on Rec Path
Rockford Park District has finalized a summer concession agreement with Tiki Shack Concessions for the operation of a concession stand along the east bank of the Rock River, on the Rock River Recreation Path, just south of the Symbol sculpture.
Concessions will be available seven days a week during daylight hours, with the exception of July 4.
The menu is varied, and offers items suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks, with a number of options for health-conscious exercisers and visitors.
Menu items include real fruit smoothies, fresh fruit, nachos, grilled chicken and burgers, as well as ice cream and soft drinks. A Fido-friendly item will also be available for four-legged friends — a lactose-free ice cream “doggie dessert” with a dog bone on top. The public is invited to visit this new vendor.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue