- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
New concession food operator on Rec Path
Rockford Park District has finalized a summer concession agreement with Tiki Shack Concessions for the operation of a concession stand along the east bank of the Rock River, on the Rock River Recreation Path, just south of the Symbol sculpture.
Concessions will be available seven days a week during daylight hours, with the exception of July 4.
The menu is varied, and offers items suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks, with a number of options for health-conscious exercisers and visitors.
Menu items include real fruit smoothies, fresh fruit, nachos, grilled chicken and burgers, as well as ice cream and soft drinks. A Fido-friendly item will also be available for four-legged friends — a lactose-free ice cream “doggie dessert” with a dog bone on top. The public is invited to visit this new vendor.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue