- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
New concession food operator on Rec Path
Rockford Park District has finalized a summer concession agreement with Tiki Shack Concessions for the operation of a concession stand along the east bank of the Rock River, on the Rock River Recreation Path, just south of the Symbol sculpture.
Concessions will be available seven days a week during daylight hours, with the exception of July 4.
The menu is varied, and offers items suitable for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks, with a number of options for health-conscious exercisers and visitors.
Menu items include real fruit smoothies, fresh fruit, nachos, grilled chicken and burgers, as well as ice cream and soft drinks. A Fido-friendly item will also be available for four-legged friends — a lactose-free ice cream “doggie dessert” with a dog bone on top. The public is invited to visit this new vendor.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue