- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Rockford-based rappers kick off tour in Hollywood
Rockford-based rappers Fresco Clean and Black Lung will kick off their “Whiteboy Wasted” album tour at the Roxy Theatre June 13 with MTV’s RiFF RaFF and female rap Internet sensation Lil Debbie.
Anthony Colletti, aka Fresco Clean, is an Internet famous battle rapper who is known for witty word play and intricate rhyme schemes. Along with Quad City-born rapper Blake Naftzger, aka Black Lung, the “biggest thing from Iowa since Ashton Kutcher,” the two have collectively performed almost 200 times in a total of four countries in the last two years, but never in Los Angeles.
June 13, the artists will take stage at the Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood. The Roxy show is the first of the tour, which continues July 1 in Chicago, before picking back up midmonth.
The rap duo, along with RiFF RaFF and Milwaukee hip hop staple Dana Coppafeel, will also play at the “Shelter” in Detroit. Tickets for shows in both Hollywood and Detroit are available on LiveNation.com.
The tour was organized by C. Hare of Borgata, the executive producer of the Whiteboy Wasted EP and LP. Both were produced entirely by Billboard producer Soleternity and will be available this summer through Borgata Entertainment Group/Hoopla Worldwide/INgrooves-Fontana Distribution at Best Buys nationwide and iTunes. The album comes with a video series directed and edited by Nick McGill.
“With many ups and downs throughout the last 10 years, this project marks Borgata Records coming full circle with everything and everyone involved,” said C. Hare. “A combination of luck, fate, hard work and extreme talent from Fresco, Blake, Nick and Soleternity has already begun our mark on the music business and our history in it, which is all traceable on the Internet.”
RiFF RaFF, the special guest headliner for the tour through July 1, is known from MTV’s reality show From G’s to Gents. RiFF RaFF is one of the most famous online hip hop artists, with millions of total views on his dozens of videos. RiFF recently made headlines on TMZ.com, MTV and major hip hop websites when he signed a record deal with label Madd Decent.
For more information, visit WhiteboyWastedTour.com.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue