- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Rockford Rescue Mission Cycles 4 Hope June 16
Rockford Rescue Mission invites individuals, families and groups of all kinds to join them in Cycling 4 Hope June 16. The event, held at the River Rock Recreational Path (bike path), raises funds to support the Mission’s programs and services. This year, the Mission hopes to raise at least $5,000.
Registration and check-in begins at 6 p.m., June 16, and the ride begins at 7 p.m. Cyclists will enjoy the 8 1/2-mile bike route along the Rock River, which begins and ends at the YMCA of Rock River Valley at 200 Y Blvd. Mid-ride refreshments will be available at Sportscore 1.
“This ride is a great way to join together in fellowship with other cyclists in a beautiful setting to help our homeless and less-fortunate neighbors,” said Mick Manne, director of development. “It will be an unforgettable evening you won’t want to miss.”
Entry fees are $20 for individuals through June 15, and $25 the day of the event. Family fees (up to two adults and two children 17 and younger) are $35 and $40.
“To reach our goal, we’re asking riders to go beyond the entry fee and secure at least $200 each by collecting pledges from family members, friends and co-workers,” said Director of Development Mick Manne.
The top three participants who collect the greatest amount in pledges ($2,000 minimum) will receive a bike or an overnight stay at the Residence Inn. Early registration and pledges can be made online at www.rockfordrescuemission.org.
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year since 1964, Rockford Rescue Mission provides nutritious meals and safe shelter for thousands of hungry and homeless men, women and children every year. They also host recovery programs and outreach services to rescue, recover and restore the lives of those who are struggling in the Rockford community.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue