- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
RVC offering Bridge to Healthcare
Rock Valley College Adult Education has partnered with Northwest Illinois Healthcare Collaborative to offer Bridge to Healthcare, an innovative program designed for members of the community to gain the basic skills necessary to obtain their GED (General Education Development), as well as the skills necessary to pursue further training in the health care field.
There are many training opportunities available to GED graduates who are interested in the health care field, yet many people lack the knowledge of many of the careers available to them.
Training in the following areas is provided to prepare the participants for further training in the health care field: Career Awareness; College-readiness Skills; Occupational Policies, On-the Job Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing Skills; Math; Social & Interpersonal Skills; Employee Information/Expectations; and Employment Skills.
This is a free, eight-week program. The class meets 16 hours each week (four hours a day for four days a week).
Bridge to Healthcare students must demonstrate written and oral communication skills. Potential students are tested and interviewed. Qualified students are then offered a space in the program.
If you would like information about future testing and enrollment dates for Bridge to Healthcare, call the RVC Adult Education Office at (815) 921-2001.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue