- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
Summer Grief and Loss group for teen-agers scheduled to begin June 18
Beginning June 18, the Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will begin a series of therapeutic group sessions for teens ages 13-18 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
This therapeutic group will help teens navigate through difficult emotions, understand thoughts and physical feelings associated with grief, gain coping skills to deal with their loss, and share grief experiences with peers who understand.
The eight-week group will meet on Mondays from 3:30-5 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road. A $30 fee will cover the activity costs and materials. A facilitator will meet with teens one-on-one prior to the first session.
Info: contact Barbara Dolan at (815) 398-0500 or email@example.com.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue