- Tech-Friendly: I am not wowed by iOS 8
- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
Summer Grief and Loss group for teen-agers scheduled to begin June 18
Beginning June 18, the Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will begin a series of therapeutic group sessions for teens ages 13-18 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
This therapeutic group will help teens navigate through difficult emotions, understand thoughts and physical feelings associated with grief, gain coping skills to deal with their loss, and share grief experiences with peers who understand.
The eight-week group will meet on Mondays from 3:30-5 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road. A $30 fee will cover the activity costs and materials. A facilitator will meet with teens one-on-one prior to the first session.
Info: contact Barbara Dolan at (815) 398-0500 or email@example.com.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue