- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Summer Grief and Loss group for teen-agers scheduled to begin June 18
Beginning June 18, the Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will begin a series of therapeutic group sessions for teens ages 13-18 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
This therapeutic group will help teens navigate through difficult emotions, understand thoughts and physical feelings associated with grief, gain coping skills to deal with their loss, and share grief experiences with peers who understand.
The eight-week group will meet on Mondays from 3:30-5 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road. A $30 fee will cover the activity costs and materials. A facilitator will meet with teens one-on-one prior to the first session.
Info: contact Barbara Dolan at (815) 398-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue