- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Summer Grief and Loss group for teen-agers scheduled to begin June 18
Beginning June 18, the Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will begin a series of therapeutic group sessions for teens ages 13-18 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
This therapeutic group will help teens navigate through difficult emotions, understand thoughts and physical feelings associated with grief, gain coping skills to deal with their loss, and share grief experiences with peers who understand.
The eight-week group will meet on Mondays from 3:30-5 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road. A $30 fee will cover the activity costs and materials. A facilitator will meet with teens one-on-one prior to the first session.
Info: contact Barbara Dolan at (815) 398-0500 or email@example.com.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue