- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Summer Grief and Loss group for teen-agers scheduled to begin June 18
Beginning June 18, the Grief Center at Northern Illinois Hospice will begin a series of therapeutic group sessions for teens ages 13-18 who have experienced the death of someone close to them.
This therapeutic group will help teens navigate through difficult emotions, understand thoughts and physical feelings associated with grief, gain coping skills to deal with their loss, and share grief experiences with peers who understand.
The eight-week group will meet on Mondays from 3:30-5 p.m. at Northern Illinois Hospice and Grief Center, 4215 Newburg Road. A $30 fee will cover the activity costs and materials. A facilitator will meet with teens one-on-one prior to the first session.
Info: contact Barbara Dolan at (815) 398-0500 or email@example.com.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue