- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
YMCA introduces new youth fitness services
The YMCA of Rock River Valley has introduced new youth fitness services to kick off the start of summer.
Kids will be out of school, parents will be looking for activities for their children, and the YMCA has the answer.
Both the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA and Northeast Family YMCA just received a full line of fitness equipment tailored specifically to kids. It is the only equipment in the area of its kind.
The new equipment is designed to have smooth movements and large-grip handles with lighter weights than adult equipment.
The Youth Fitness line also has adjustable cushioning and seating to accommodate youth of all heights.
An entire studio devoted to youth fitness has been set aside to house the equipment, a full set of spin bikes, and a computer-controlled cardio-boxing trainer.
A new lineup of fitness classes for youth and teen-age children is also being offered in conjunction with the equipment. All classes are free for members of the YMCA. The new classes teach kids about a healthy lifestyle, exercise and athletic performance.
All program listings and catalogues are available at www.rockfordymca.org.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue