- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
YMCA introduces new youth fitness services
The YMCA of Rock River Valley has introduced new youth fitness services to kick off the start of summer.
Kids will be out of school, parents will be looking for activities for their children, and the YMCA has the answer.
Both the I.D. Pennock Family YMCA and Northeast Family YMCA just received a full line of fitness equipment tailored specifically to kids. It is the only equipment in the area of its kind.
The new equipment is designed to have smooth movements and large-grip handles with lighter weights than adult equipment.
The Youth Fitness line also has adjustable cushioning and seating to accommodate youth of all heights.
An entire studio devoted to youth fitness has been set aside to house the equipment, a full set of spin bikes, and a computer-controlled cardio-boxing trainer.
A new lineup of fitness classes for youth and teen-age children is also being offered in conjunction with the equipment. All classes are free for members of the YMCA. The new classes teach kids about a healthy lifestyle, exercise and athletic performance.
All program listings and catalogues are available at www.rockfordymca.org.
From the June 13-19, 2012, issue