- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Angry Birds at Rockford’s Discovery Center June 15
Online Staff Report
Ready, aim, launch! Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum kicks off its Family Friday series with Angry Birds from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 15.
Designed as educational and entertaining programs for families, Family Fridays focus on a specific subject matter and then explore that subject through various means, including activities, demonstrations, make-and-take projects, and performances.
At the Angry Birds event, visitors can create catapults, assemble slingshots, adjust trajectories, and get ready to knock things down as they get into the physics behind this mobile game.
All activities are included with museum admission: $7 adults; $7 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted June 14, 2012