- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Angry Birds at Rockford’s Discovery Center June 15
Online Staff Report
Ready, aim, launch! Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum kicks off its Family Friday series with Angry Birds from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 15.
Designed as educational and entertaining programs for families, Family Fridays focus on a specific subject matter and then explore that subject through various means, including activities, demonstrations, make-and-take projects, and performances.
At the Angry Birds event, visitors can create catapults, assemble slingshots, adjust trajectories, and get ready to knock things down as they get into the physics behind this mobile game.
All activities are included with museum admission: $7 adults; $7 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted June 14, 2012