- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Angry Birds at Rockford’s Discovery Center June 15
Online Staff Report
Ready, aim, launch! Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum kicks off its Family Friday series with Angry Birds from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 15.
Designed as educational and entertaining programs for families, Family Fridays focus on a specific subject matter and then explore that subject through various means, including activities, demonstrations, make-and-take projects, and performances.
At the Angry Birds event, visitors can create catapults, assemble slingshots, adjust trajectories, and get ready to knock things down as they get into the physics behind this mobile game.
All activities are included with museum admission: $7 adults; $7 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted June 14, 2012