- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Angry Birds at Rockford’s Discovery Center June 15
Online Staff Report
Ready, aim, launch! Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum kicks off its Family Friday series with Angry Birds from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 15.
Designed as educational and entertaining programs for families, Family Fridays focus on a specific subject matter and then explore that subject through various means, including activities, demonstrations, make-and-take projects, and performances.
At the Angry Birds event, visitors can create catapults, assemble slingshots, adjust trajectories, and get ready to knock things down as they get into the physics behind this mobile game.
All activities are included with museum admission: $7 adults; $7 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted June 14, 2012