- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Angry Birds at Rockford’s Discovery Center June 15
Online Staff Report
Ready, aim, launch! Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum kicks off its Family Friday series with Angry Birds from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 15.
Designed as educational and entertaining programs for families, Family Fridays focus on a specific subject matter and then explore that subject through various means, including activities, demonstrations, make-and-take projects, and performances.
At the Angry Birds event, visitors can create catapults, assemble slingshots, adjust trajectories, and get ready to knock things down as they get into the physics behind this mobile game.
All activities are included with museum admission: $7 adults; $7 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted June 14, 2012