- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
District, Kryptonite to offer Designated Drivers program
District owners Andy Roiniotis and Denny Trakas, along with their management staff, announced the downtown establishment, 205 W. State St., is participating in the Designated Drivers of Illinois program.
“This is about getting people home safe with their cars after a good night out,” said Roiniotis.
District’s downtown neighbor, Kryptonite Music Lounge, 308 W. State St., owned by Chris Wachowiak, has been an active supporter of the program in downtown Rockford. Together, the District and Kryptonite groups will partner to offer customers a lower-cost solution — $10 rides on Friday and Saturday nights. A customer will be driven home, and their car will be returned to them within a 10-mile radius.
According to Designated Drivers of Illinois’ website, “The day of leaving your car at the bar, getting ripped off by taxi drivers and getting up early to find your car is over.”
District’s sister bar and grills, Onyx in Machesney Park and RBI in Rockford at Perryville and Riverside, will also be a part of the Designated Drivers program through a separate agreement for Saturdays and Sundays.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue