- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
District, Kryptonite to offer Designated Drivers program
District owners Andy Roiniotis and Denny Trakas, along with their management staff, announced the downtown establishment, 205 W. State St., is participating in the Designated Drivers of Illinois program.
“This is about getting people home safe with their cars after a good night out,” said Roiniotis.
District’s downtown neighbor, Kryptonite Music Lounge, 308 W. State St., owned by Chris Wachowiak, has been an active supporter of the program in downtown Rockford. Together, the District and Kryptonite groups will partner to offer customers a lower-cost solution — $10 rides on Friday and Saturday nights. A customer will be driven home, and their car will be returned to them within a 10-mile radius.
According to Designated Drivers of Illinois’ website, “The day of leaving your car at the bar, getting ripped off by taxi drivers and getting up early to find your car is over.”
District’s sister bar and grills, Onyx in Machesney Park and RBI in Rockford at Perryville and Riverside, will also be a part of the Designated Drivers program through a separate agreement for Saturdays and Sundays.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue