- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
District, Kryptonite to offer Designated Drivers program
District owners Andy Roiniotis and Denny Trakas, along with their management staff, announced the downtown establishment, 205 W. State St., is participating in the Designated Drivers of Illinois program.
“This is about getting people home safe with their cars after a good night out,” said Roiniotis.
District’s downtown neighbor, Kryptonite Music Lounge, 308 W. State St., owned by Chris Wachowiak, has been an active supporter of the program in downtown Rockford. Together, the District and Kryptonite groups will partner to offer customers a lower-cost solution — $10 rides on Friday and Saturday nights. A customer will be driven home, and their car will be returned to them within a 10-mile radius.
According to Designated Drivers of Illinois’ website, “The day of leaving your car at the bar, getting ripped off by taxi drivers and getting up early to find your car is over.”
District’s sister bar and grills, Onyx in Machesney Park and RBI in Rockford at Perryville and Riverside, will also be a part of the Designated Drivers program through a separate agreement for Saturdays and Sundays.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue