- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
District, Kryptonite to offer Designated Drivers program
District owners Andy Roiniotis and Denny Trakas, along with their management staff, announced the downtown establishment, 205 W. State St., is participating in the Designated Drivers of Illinois program.
“This is about getting people home safe with their cars after a good night out,” said Roiniotis.
District’s downtown neighbor, Kryptonite Music Lounge, 308 W. State St., owned by Chris Wachowiak, has been an active supporter of the program in downtown Rockford. Together, the District and Kryptonite groups will partner to offer customers a lower-cost solution — $10 rides on Friday and Saturday nights. A customer will be driven home, and their car will be returned to them within a 10-mile radius.
According to Designated Drivers of Illinois’ website, “The day of leaving your car at the bar, getting ripped off by taxi drivers and getting up early to find your car is over.”
District’s sister bar and grills, Onyx in Machesney Park and RBI in Rockford at Perryville and Riverside, will also be a part of the Designated Drivers program through a separate agreement for Saturdays and Sundays.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue