- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Experience life on a farm at Discovery Center June 22
Discovery Center Museum is turning into Old MacDonald’s Farm Friday, June 22 (11 a.m.-3 p.m.) as part of its Family Friday series. So, bring the family down to “E-I-E-I-O” and see what Old MacDonald has in store with goats, bunnies, pigs and more barnyard friends with this one-day event.
Climb aboard the combine and explore life on the farm. Hold baby farm animals, construct cornhusk dolls, guess that grain and test your farm knowledge with the Wheel of Farming game show. Transform cream into a delicious cracker spread, build and till a barn, plant seeds and watch them grow and much more. And, of course, you can visit the agriculture exhibit, Ag-zibit, to “milk cows,” see live bees in action, and more.
So, MOOve on down to the Discovery Center Museum June 22 for this hands-on farming experience. The event is included with museum admission: $7/person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center Museum, in Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford, is a nonprofit organization providing hands-on math, science and art experiences for all ages with more than 250 hands-on exhibits. The museum is ranked the No. 4 children’s museum in the nation by Child magazine and one of 12 museums included in Forbes.com’s article, “The 12 Best Children’s Museums in the U.S.
General admission to the museum is $7 adults, $7 children (ages 12-17) and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., seven days a week. For more information, call (815) 963-6769 or log onto the website at www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue