- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
June 26 Center for Learning in Retirement workshop explores Alexander Technique
Tuesday, June 26, Rock Valley College’s (RVC) Center for Learning in Retirement will host a workshop on the F.M. Alexander Technique, led by Dr. Philip Schalow, certified instructor of the Alexander Technique, titled “It Really IS All In Your Head; An Introduction to the Alexander Technique.”
The value of the Alexander Technique has been recognized in such diverse areas as early childhood education, rehabilitation and pain centers, and the performing arts.
Research supports the use of Alexander Technique for improving breathing, reducing back pain and improving blood pressure. The technique is also an important adjunct to upper cervical chiropractic by giving people a method for reducing tension that creates spinal misalignments.
Dr. Schalow is the owner of 1st Step Chiropractic, Rockford’s first center for the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association procedure for correcting the atlas misalignment. He has been studying and teaching the Alexander Technique since 1979. For more information, call the Center for Learning in Retirement at (815) 921-3931, or Dr. Schalow at (815) 398-4500.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue