- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Real Estate News: RE/MAX Property Source broker/owner receives award
CHICAGO — Broker/Owner Tom Humpal of RE/MAX Property Source in Rockford and Belvidere, Ill., received the prestigious “Above the Crowd!” Award at the 35th Annual RE/MAX Northern Illinois awards ceremony in late April.
Each year, the awards ceremony honors affiliates of the RE/MAX Northern Illinois real estate network who have achieved outstanding results in the areas of sales, service, philanthropy and technology.
The “Above the Crowd!” Award honors an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the RE/MAX network since becoming an affiliate.
Licensed in 1975, Humpal opened and operated a successful independent real estate brokerage in the Rockford market that he established in 1981. Last year, he was approached by a group of agents who wanted to see him become part of the RE/MAX system. After investigating the idea, Humpal agreed to convert his well-known brokerage to the RE/MAX brand, and has made an extremely successful transition. Later in the year, he opened a second RE/MAX Property Source office in nearby Belvidere.
As a result of Humpal’s efforts, RE/MAX remains a key player in Illinois’ third-largest city and the surrounding market area.
The RE/MAX Northern Illinois network, with headquarters in Elgin, Ill., consists of 2,100 sales associates and 110 individually owned and operated RE/MAX offices that provide a full range of residential and commercial brokerage services.
From the June 20-26, 2012, issue