- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Cycling: Professional bike race in Beloit, Wis., July 12
• Races begin at 9:30 a.m. and finish around 9 p.m., interspersed by youth events
BELOIT, Wis. — Beloit, Wis., will be a host city for an International Cycling Classic and Superweek Pro Tour professional bicycle race in downtown Beloit Thursday, July 12.
The 17-day, 13-city race series attracts bikers from around the world. More than 500 participants are expected in the race series, including several who will head off to the 2012 Olympics after the race series.
July 6-22, the racers will be making their way from city to city in Illinois and Wisconsin to compete in various races and challenges, arriving in Beloit July 12. In Beloit, the races will begin at 9:30 a.m. and finish around 9 p.m., interspersed by youth events and amateur races around the city center race course.
Be Active Outdoors (BAO) is the coordinating organization behind the Beloit Superweek Bike Race. Be Active Outdoors is a regional nonprofit established to encourage individuals to be active in the outdoors by removing barriers to local outdoor recreational activities. One of BAO’s current programs is called BikeWORKS, set up for youth to earn donated bikes and learn to repair their own bikes by attending classes about bicycle repair, safety and maintenance.
Be Active Outdoors is seeking sponsors to assist with expenses related to bringing the event to Beloit. Volunteers are also needed to help with various tasks throughout the day. Those interested in volunteering should contact Paddle and Trail at (608)-362-6521, or send your name, phone number and time available to work to firstname.lastname@example.org. More about the International Cycling Classic and Superweek Pro Tour can be found at www.internationalcycling.com.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue