- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Disability Resource Fair June 29 at Magic Waters Waterpark
Rockford Park District will host the Seventh Annual Green Bear Disability Resource Fair from 4 to 9 p.m., Friday, June 29, at Magic Waters Waterpark, 7820 CherryVale Blvd. N, Cherry Valley, Ill.
The annual event provides the opportunity for families to explore resources and activities for more enjoyable living, explore the waterpark’s many accessible and disability friendly features, and visit with companies and organizations that support people with disabilities.
The event also provides parents concerned about their child’s development the opportunity to talk with professionals and other parents. More than 20 vendors will be on hand at the event, with information about community resources for families and individuals with disabilities. Some of the fair’s vendors will have information about family resources and early intervention.
A traditional cookie-decorating station, which will include sugar cookies as well as gluten-free sugar cookies, will also be included. All who plan to attend are encouraged to wear their swimsuits to have fun in the water.
Magic Waters will be open to all who purchase a ticket; admission is $7.50 per person in advance at Rockford Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford, or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park), or $12.99 per person at the event. Admission includes giveaways and entertainment, a Splash Pass for faster access to rides, as well as use of the park’s accessible features, such as water bean bag floating chairs and floating wheelchairs, in addition to the variety of attractions, thrill rides, amenities and food options at the waterpark.
Magic Waters staff, along with Rockford Park District Therapeutic Recreation staff, will be available throughout the park to assist with activities and helping individuals ride the tube slides who may need assistance up the stairs.
For more information, visit the Events page at www.magicwaterswaterpark.com or call (815) 987-1606 (for TTY only: 888-871-6171).
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue