- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Lifescape to assist seniors affected by loss of Illinois Cares Rx funding
As a result of the Illinois General Assembly action on the state budget, funding for the Illinois Cares Rx program has been eliminated. This elimination means seniors who qualified for the program will no longer receive help with prescription drugs or with their Medicare Part D plan premium.
Participants in the program who may have questions about how these changes will affect their prescription coverage should call the Lifescape Community Services’ SeniorAssist Department to get specific details about how you will be affected.
Call (815) 963-1609 to speak with a Lifescape caseworker. The changes in coverage will begin July 1.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue