- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
Local entertainment groups premiere feature film June 30
June 30 at the Tebala Shrine Auditorium, Matthew Cichella and Never Submit Entertainment will present their first joint feature film release, Poetic, for an intimate world premiere screening in Cichella’s hometown of Rockford. Two short films, Travis Legge’s Taxidermy and Myke Wilson’s Invitation, will be shown prior to the main screening.
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased either at the door or in advance at www.poeticmovie.com, and advance tickets are available at Disc Replay. All seats are general admission.
A portion of ticket sales will be donated to Scares That Care charity in an effort to assist women and young children who have been badly burned and/or injured.
Proceeds from this show will specifically be used for an 8-year-old boy who was badly burned on more than 80 percent of his body and lost his father in the fire.
Doors open at 7 p.m., and the film begins at 8 p.m. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Poetic is an intense, character-driven psychological thriller that centers on a world full of deceit, passion and revenge. One couple finds themselves caught in the middle of this when they are kidnapped by “Cowboy,” a mysterious and merciless renegade killer who takes karma into his own hands.
Now prisoners in their own home, the couple is turned against one another and forced to relive their dirty little secrets. Their domestic quarrel turns into a nightmare they may never awake from.
The original soundtrack for this film was created by Rockford’s own talent. Artists include Holland Zander of The Sensations and Steve Lindsay & Whiskey Train; Tom & Crystal Parrott from Nikovtyme; and the Hall of Fame Trophy Gang.
Alcoholic beverages will be available in the Tebala Shrine Pyramid Club, featuring Hayes beer products. All patrons must be 21 with valid photo I.D. to purchase alcohol.
The film is unrated, although it contains adult language, graphic violence and graphic sexual images. It is not suitable for anyone younger than 18. Anyone younger than 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and no one younger than 13 will be allowed to attend. Poetic was created in association with Plastic Age Productions and Cazares Entertainment.
Tebala Shrine Temple is at 7910 Newburg Road, Rockford.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue