- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
Princesses, superheroes at Discovery Center June 29
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum is turning into superheroes’ headquarters from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 29, for “Princesses & SuperHeroes.”
Ignite your magical powers! Kiss a frog, design a cape and/or tiara; make and shoot a bow and arrow; and take a turn at the superhero training course. Attend in costume!
The event is included with museum admission: $7 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Musem Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Mondays-Saturdays; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursdays through August. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more information.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue