- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Princesses, superheroes at Discovery Center June 29
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum is turning into superheroes’ headquarters from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 29, for “Princesses & SuperHeroes.”
Ignite your magical powers! Kiss a frog, design a cape and/or tiara; make and shoot a bow and arrow; and take a turn at the superhero training course. Attend in costume!
The event is included with museum admission: $7 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Musem Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Mondays-Saturdays; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursdays through August. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more information.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue