- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Princesses, superheroes at Discovery Center June 29
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum is turning into superheroes’ headquarters from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 29, for “Princesses & SuperHeroes.”
Ignite your magical powers! Kiss a frog, design a cape and/or tiara; make and shoot a bow and arrow; and take a turn at the superhero training course. Attend in costume!
The event is included with museum admission: $7 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Musem Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Mondays-Saturdays; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursdays through August. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more information.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue