- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Princesses, superheroes at Discovery Center June 29
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum is turning into superheroes’ headquarters from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 29, for “Princesses & SuperHeroes.”
Ignite your magical powers! Kiss a frog, design a cape and/or tiara; make and shoot a bow and arrow; and take a turn at the superhero training course. Attend in costume!
The event is included with museum admission: $7 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Musem Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Mondays-Saturdays; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursdays through August. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more information.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue