- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Princesses, superheroes at Discovery Center June 29
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum is turning into superheroes’ headquarters from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, June 29, for “Princesses & SuperHeroes.”
Ignite your magical powers! Kiss a frog, design a cape and/or tiara; make and shoot a bow and arrow; and take a turn at the superhero training course. Attend in costume!
The event is included with museum admission: $7 per person; free to members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Musem Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Mondays-Saturdays; noon-5 p.m., Sundays; and 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Thursdays through August. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more information.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue