- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Rockford’s Tilted Kilt hosts cruise nights through Aug. 17
Rockford’s Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery at Best Western Clock Tower Resort will host a cruise night from 5 to 8 p.m., Fridays, July 6, July 20, Aug. 3 and Aug. 17.
Owners of classic muscle cars, rare antiques, tricked-out trucks, custom motorcycles, or other interesting modes of transportation are invited to display their vehicle during “Four Wheel Fridays.”
Participation is free, and exhibitors will receive special discounts on food at the Tilted Kilt and chances to win prizes, including a $100 Tilted Kilt gift card for fan favorite. Participants should pre-register their vehicles at www.tiltedkiltrockford.com.
Admission to attend is also free. Spectators will enjoy the live DJ playing car enthusiasts’ favorite music, be eligible to win door prizes, and receive special offers at the Tilted Kilt.
“Four Wheel Fridays” also hopes to attract exhibitors and guests from outside the Rockford area. Exhibitors can receive a discounted room rate, with or without CoCo Key waterpark passes, at the Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center. The special rate is only available by calling the resort at 1-800-358-7666 and mentioning the “Four Wheel Fridays” event.
For more information or to sign up as an exhibitor for the Tilted Kilt’s “Four Wheel Fridays,” visit www.tiltedkiltrockford.com. The Tilted Kilt can be reached at (815) 229-4193. Best Western Clock Tower Resort is at 7801 E. State St.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue