- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rockford’s Tilted Kilt hosts cruise nights through Aug. 17
Rockford’s Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery at Best Western Clock Tower Resort will host a cruise night from 5 to 8 p.m., Fridays, July 6, July 20, Aug. 3 and Aug. 17.
Owners of classic muscle cars, rare antiques, tricked-out trucks, custom motorcycles, or other interesting modes of transportation are invited to display their vehicle during “Four Wheel Fridays.”
Participation is free, and exhibitors will receive special discounts on food at the Tilted Kilt and chances to win prizes, including a $100 Tilted Kilt gift card for fan favorite. Participants should pre-register their vehicles at www.tiltedkiltrockford.com.
Admission to attend is also free. Spectators will enjoy the live DJ playing car enthusiasts’ favorite music, be eligible to win door prizes, and receive special offers at the Tilted Kilt.
“Four Wheel Fridays” also hopes to attract exhibitors and guests from outside the Rockford area. Exhibitors can receive a discounted room rate, with or without CoCo Key waterpark passes, at the Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center. The special rate is only available by calling the resort at 1-800-358-7666 and mentioning the “Four Wheel Fridays” event.
For more information or to sign up as an exhibitor for the Tilted Kilt’s “Four Wheel Fridays,” visit www.tiltedkiltrockford.com. The Tilted Kilt can be reached at (815) 229-4193. Best Western Clock Tower Resort is at 7801 E. State St.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue