- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Wheelchair Softball Tournament deadline
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department will host the Fourth Annual All Abilities Wheelchair Softball Tournament to celebrate National Therapeutic Recreation Week.
The all-day event will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, July 14, (ending time is approximate) at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Family members, friends, and co-workers can form a team, or just come out to cheer for their favorite team and enjoy a fun-filled day; there is no admission charge for spectators. No experience is necessary to participate in the tournament, and wheelchairs are provided.
The tournament’s two divisions are: Friends and Family, for players ages 6 and older who want to play for fun, and Competitive, for players ages 18 and older who are up for a challenge. Each team must consist of 10 to 13 players with a minimum requirement of four members of each gender.
Games are limited to five innings or one hour, and awards will be presented to the first- and second-place teams. The team fee of $45 includes T-shirts, door prize and raffle tickets, and a two-game minimum. There will also be music and concession foods and beverages at the event.
Registration deadline is Friday, June 29; team captains can register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org, or in person at Rockford Park District Customer Service locations — downtown Rockford at Webbs Norman Center, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue