- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Wheelchair Softball Tournament deadline
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department will host the Fourth Annual All Abilities Wheelchair Softball Tournament to celebrate National Therapeutic Recreation Week.
The all-day event will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, July 14, (ending time is approximate) at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Family members, friends, and co-workers can form a team, or just come out to cheer for their favorite team and enjoy a fun-filled day; there is no admission charge for spectators. No experience is necessary to participate in the tournament, and wheelchairs are provided.
The tournament’s two divisions are: Friends and Family, for players ages 6 and older who want to play for fun, and Competitive, for players ages 18 and older who are up for a challenge. Each team must consist of 10 to 13 players with a minimum requirement of four members of each gender.
Games are limited to five innings or one hour, and awards will be presented to the first- and second-place teams. The team fee of $45 includes T-shirts, door prize and raffle tickets, and a two-game minimum. There will also be music and concession foods and beverages at the event.
Registration deadline is Friday, June 29; team captains can register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org, or in person at Rockford Park District Customer Service locations — downtown Rockford at Webbs Norman Center, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue