- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Wheelchair Softball Tournament deadline
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department will host the Fourth Annual All Abilities Wheelchair Softball Tournament to celebrate National Therapeutic Recreation Week.
The all-day event will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, July 14, (ending time is approximate) at the Indoor Sports Center, 8800 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, Ill.
Family members, friends, and co-workers can form a team, or just come out to cheer for their favorite team and enjoy a fun-filled day; there is no admission charge for spectators. No experience is necessary to participate in the tournament, and wheelchairs are provided.
The tournament’s two divisions are: Friends and Family, for players ages 6 and older who want to play for fun, and Competitive, for players ages 18 and older who are up for a challenge. Each team must consist of 10 to 13 players with a minimum requirement of four members of each gender.
Games are limited to five innings or one hour, and awards will be presented to the first- and second-place teams. The team fee of $45 includes T-shirts, door prize and raffle tickets, and a two-game minimum. There will also be music and concession foods and beverages at the event.
Registration deadline is Friday, June 29; team captains can register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org, or in person at Rockford Park District Customer Service locations — downtown Rockford at Webbs Norman Center, or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue