- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Wind Ridge Herb Farm hosts Herb, Garden & Wellness Faire June 30
CALEDONIA, Ill. — The Sixth Annual Herb, Garden & Wellness Faire will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 30, at Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill.
The event will feature vendors, food, workshops, alternative pracititioners, a beer/wine garden and music by Christopher Knox.
Knox began his musical career at the age of 8, with instruction in voice, piano and recorder, in Beverly Hills, Calif., under the tutelage of Claudia Jordan. He moved on to the clarinet and the Beverly Hills Youth Symphony while studying with Kalman Bloch, the principal clarinetist in the Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra.
As a teen-ager, Knox acquired the playing rights to a six-string Gibson guitar that belonged to a friend. Many guitars later, and with many woodwind instruments in the cupboard, Knox went to Ireland in 2003 as a wannabe whistle player. His sweetheart persuaded him to buy an Irish flute at the music store in Doolin, County Clare.
Admission to the event is $3 adults and free for children 15 and younger. All on-site activities are free. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to PAWS Humane Society.
For a schedule and a list of vendors, visit www.windridgeherbfarm.com.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue