- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Wind Ridge Herb Farm hosts Herb, Garden & Wellness Faire June 30
CALEDONIA, Ill. — The Sixth Annual Herb, Garden & Wellness Faire will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 30, at Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill.
The event will feature vendors, food, workshops, alternative pracititioners, a beer/wine garden and music by Christopher Knox.
Knox began his musical career at the age of 8, with instruction in voice, piano and recorder, in Beverly Hills, Calif., under the tutelage of Claudia Jordan. He moved on to the clarinet and the Beverly Hills Youth Symphony while studying with Kalman Bloch, the principal clarinetist in the Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra.
As a teen-ager, Knox acquired the playing rights to a six-string Gibson guitar that belonged to a friend. Many guitars later, and with many woodwind instruments in the cupboard, Knox went to Ireland in 2003 as a wannabe whistle player. His sweetheart persuaded him to buy an Irish flute at the music store in Doolin, County Clare.
Admission to the event is $3 adults and free for children 15 and younger. All on-site activities are free. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to PAWS Humane Society.
For a schedule and a list of vendors, visit www.windridgeherbfarm.com.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue