- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Wind Ridge Herb Farm hosts Herb, Garden & Wellness Faire June 30
CALEDONIA, Ill. — The Sixth Annual Herb, Garden & Wellness Faire will be from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, June 30, at Wind Ridge Herb Farm, 466 Quail Trap Road, Caledonia, Ill.
The event will feature vendors, food, workshops, alternative pracititioners, a beer/wine garden and music by Christopher Knox.
Knox began his musical career at the age of 8, with instruction in voice, piano and recorder, in Beverly Hills, Calif., under the tutelage of Claudia Jordan. He moved on to the clarinet and the Beverly Hills Youth Symphony while studying with Kalman Bloch, the principal clarinetist in the Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra.
As a teen-ager, Knox acquired the playing rights to a six-string Gibson guitar that belonged to a friend. Many guitars later, and with many woodwind instruments in the cupboard, Knox went to Ireland in 2003 as a wannabe whistle player. His sweetheart persuaded him to buy an Irish flute at the music store in Doolin, County Clare.
Admission to the event is $3 adults and free for children 15 and younger. All on-site activities are free. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to PAWS Humane Society.
For a schedule and a list of vendors, visit www.windridgeherbfarm.com.
From the June 27-July 3, 2012, issue