- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Corky Siegel at Klehm July 8
Corky Siegel will bring his bluesy, rocking sound to Klehm Arboretum’s next Woodsong Concert Sunday, July 8. Gates open at 4 p.m., concert begins at 6 p.m.
Tickets ($15 non-members, $13 Klehm members, free for children 16 and younger) can be obtained at the gate, online at klehm.org or by calling (815) 965-8146. Group tickets for 10-24 are $13 each, or $12 each for a group of 25 or more.
Siegel began his career with the legendary Siegel-Schwall Band, which toured the major rock palaces and clubs in the 1960s and 1970s. He has earned an international reputation as one of the world’s great blues harmonica masters. Jazz violinist Randy Sabien will be the concert’s special guest.
The Woodsong Concert series offers concertgoers an opportunity to enjoy live music, grab the picnic basket, load the lawn chairs and pack up the kids for an evening of fun at the arboretum. Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in the beautiful Fountain Garden. Woodsong concerts are kid-friendly and a way to introduce children to the world of music.
Rain site is Klehm’s Visitors Center.
The next concert in the series will feature BritBeat Aug. 12.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue