- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Corky Siegel at Klehm July 8
Corky Siegel will bring his bluesy, rocking sound to Klehm Arboretum’s next Woodsong Concert Sunday, July 8. Gates open at 4 p.m., concert begins at 6 p.m.
Tickets ($15 non-members, $13 Klehm members, free for children 16 and younger) can be obtained at the gate, online at klehm.org or by calling (815) 965-8146. Group tickets for 10-24 are $13 each, or $12 each for a group of 25 or more.
Siegel began his career with the legendary Siegel-Schwall Band, which toured the major rock palaces and clubs in the 1960s and 1970s. He has earned an international reputation as one of the world’s great blues harmonica masters. Jazz violinist Randy Sabien will be the concert’s special guest.
The Woodsong Concert series offers concertgoers an opportunity to enjoy live music, grab the picnic basket, load the lawn chairs and pack up the kids for an evening of fun at the arboretum. Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in the beautiful Fountain Garden. Woodsong concerts are kid-friendly and a way to introduce children to the world of music.
Rain site is Klehm’s Visitors Center.
The next concert in the series will feature BritBeat Aug. 12.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue