- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Explosive family fun at Discovery Center July 4
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will offer family fun in chemistry, physics, art and music from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday, July 4.
Titled “Kaboom,” the museum’s event will feature spud guns, rockets, sparklers and flags. Science and art join hands for this weekend celebration. Experiment with explosions, launch mini rockets, construct a potato popper and more. Invent your own light-up hat, assemble a sound sandwich and create patriotic art. Leave your car parked at the museum and take the short walk downtown to the parade and fireworks.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children ages 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted July 3, 2012