- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Explosive family fun at Discovery Center July 4
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will offer family fun in chemistry, physics, art and music from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday, July 4.
Titled “Kaboom,” the museum’s event will feature spud guns, rockets, sparklers and flags. Science and art join hands for this weekend celebration. Experiment with explosions, launch mini rockets, construct a potato popper and more. Invent your own light-up hat, assemble a sound sandwich and create patriotic art. Leave your car parked at the museum and take the short walk downtown to the parade and fireworks.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children ages 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted July 3, 2012