- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
Explosive family fun at Discovery Center July 4
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will offer family fun in chemistry, physics, art and music from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday, July 4.
Titled “Kaboom,” the museum’s event will feature spud guns, rockets, sparklers and flags. Science and art join hands for this weekend celebration. Experiment with explosions, launch mini rockets, construct a potato popper and more. Invent your own light-up hat, assemble a sound sandwich and create patriotic art. Leave your car parked at the museum and take the short walk downtown to the parade and fireworks.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children ages 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted July 3, 2012