- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Explosive family fun at Discovery Center July 4
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will offer family fun in chemistry, physics, art and music from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday, July 4.
Titled “Kaboom,” the museum’s event will feature spud guns, rockets, sparklers and flags. Science and art join hands for this weekend celebration. Experiment with explosions, launch mini rockets, construct a potato popper and more. Invent your own light-up hat, assemble a sound sandwich and create patriotic art. Leave your car parked at the museum and take the short walk downtown to the parade and fireworks.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children ages 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted July 3, 2012