- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Explosive family fun at Discovery Center July 4
Rockford’s Discovery Center Museum will offer family fun in chemistry, physics, art and music from noon to 4 p.m., Wednesday, July 4.
Titled “Kaboom,” the museum’s event will feature spud guns, rockets, sparklers and flags. Science and art join hands for this weekend celebration. Experiment with explosions, launch mini rockets, construct a potato popper and more. Invent your own light-up hat, assemble a sound sandwich and create patriotic art. Leave your car parked at the museum and take the short walk downtown to the parade and fireworks.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 adults and children ages 2-17, and free for museum members and children ages 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted July 3, 2012