- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
July 9 deadline for vendors for Bookerfest
For more than 20 years, Booker Washington Community Center has presented Bookerfest, a weekend festival filled with entertainment and fun for all ages. This year, the event will be at Davis Park on South Wyman Street in downtown Rockford.
Bookerfest will feature a variety of performers, including comedian Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
In addition to entertainment, guests can enjoy a variety of food and merchandise vendors, a three-on-three basketball tournament, carnival rides and more. Also featured will be a car and motorcycle showcase, along with a free movie shown on Davis Park’s jumbo screen.
Vendors are welcome to participate in Bookerfest July 21-22. Vendor application deadline is July 9.
Booker Washington Community Center, 524 Kent St., Rockford, can be reached at (815) 962-9117.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue