- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
July 9 deadline for vendors for Bookerfest
For more than 20 years, Booker Washington Community Center has presented Bookerfest, a weekend festival filled with entertainment and fun for all ages. This year, the event will be at Davis Park on South Wyman Street in downtown Rockford.
Bookerfest will feature a variety of performers, including comedian Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
In addition to entertainment, guests can enjoy a variety of food and merchandise vendors, a three-on-three basketball tournament, carnival rides and more. Also featured will be a car and motorcycle showcase, along with a free movie shown on Davis Park’s jumbo screen.
Vendors are welcome to participate in Bookerfest July 21-22. Vendor application deadline is July 9.
Booker Washington Community Center, 524 Kent St., Rockford, can be reached at (815) 962-9117.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue