- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
July 9 deadline for vendors for Bookerfest
For more than 20 years, Booker Washington Community Center has presented Bookerfest, a weekend festival filled with entertainment and fun for all ages. This year, the event will be at Davis Park on South Wyman Street in downtown Rockford.
Bookerfest will feature a variety of performers, including comedian Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
In addition to entertainment, guests can enjoy a variety of food and merchandise vendors, a three-on-three basketball tournament, carnival rides and more. Also featured will be a car and motorcycle showcase, along with a free movie shown on Davis Park’s jumbo screen.
Vendors are welcome to participate in Bookerfest July 21-22. Vendor application deadline is July 9.
Booker Washington Community Center, 524 Kent St., Rockford, can be reached at (815) 962-9117.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue