- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
July 9 deadline for vendors for Bookerfest
For more than 20 years, Booker Washington Community Center has presented Bookerfest, a weekend festival filled with entertainment and fun for all ages. This year, the event will be at Davis Park on South Wyman Street in downtown Rockford.
Bookerfest will feature a variety of performers, including comedian Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
In addition to entertainment, guests can enjoy a variety of food and merchandise vendors, a three-on-three basketball tournament, carnival rides and more. Also featured will be a car and motorcycle showcase, along with a free movie shown on Davis Park’s jumbo screen.
Vendors are welcome to participate in Bookerfest July 21-22. Vendor application deadline is July 9.
Booker Washington Community Center, 524 Kent St., Rockford, can be reached at (815) 962-9117.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue