- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
July 9 deadline for vendors for Bookerfest
For more than 20 years, Booker Washington Community Center has presented Bookerfest, a weekend festival filled with entertainment and fun for all ages. This year, the event will be at Davis Park on South Wyman Street in downtown Rockford.
Bookerfest will feature a variety of performers, including comedian Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
In addition to entertainment, guests can enjoy a variety of food and merchandise vendors, a three-on-three basketball tournament, carnival rides and more. Also featured will be a car and motorcycle showcase, along with a free movie shown on Davis Park’s jumbo screen.
Vendors are welcome to participate in Bookerfest July 21-22. Vendor application deadline is July 9.
Booker Washington Community Center, 524 Kent St., Rockford, can be reached at (815) 962-9117.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue