- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Local woman second in Hooters swimsuit pageant
A Freeport, Ill., woman was shining in Miami Beach at the Hooters 16th Annual International Swimsuit Pageant, where $100,000 in cash and prizes were at stake. Tyler Suess, 25, reached the No. 2 spot out of 100 contestants from around the world. Suess has worked at the Hooters of Rockford for six years and has a range of modeling and pageant experience.
“This week was a lot of fun, and placing first runner-up was such a surprise,” Suess said. “I’ve taken the time to stop and enjoy every moment, especially our visit to the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. Working for Hooters as part of the training department has opened many opportunities for me with modeling, and I have had the chance to travel to places I never would have been. Putting on my orange shorts is the best feeling in the world; I’ve been a very fortunate girl.”
The Hooters 16th Annual International Swimsuit Pageant was held at the Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater. Mark McGrath hosted the event with a celebrity panel of judges including professional surfer Anastasia Ashley, the original Hooters Girl Lynne Austin, TV star and professional bodyguard Big Black, mixed martial arts UFC fighter Stephen Bonnar, Chicago Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, satellite radio host, professional skateboarder and mixed martial arts fighter Jason Ellis, and Denver Broncos running back Willis McGahee. The judging panel also included Silver Star and Purple Heart recipient Sgt. Tommy Rieman, who received a heartfelt welcome from the audience, including the local servicemen and women Hooters invited to the pageant.
The Hooters Girl contestants were selected from more than 18,000 Hooters Girls who presently work in one of the 430 Hooters restaurants worldwide. The contestants received a spot in the pageant by competing in local swimsuit contests or were selected as the top Hooters Girl to represent their markets. Amanda Jemini of Boca Raton, Fla., was crowned Miss Hooters International 2012.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue