- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
Misconceptions about Christianity
Most denominations are misquoting God’s word (the Bible)! But why? Simply because they are oversimplifying, skipping over certain verses.
So, instead, they make silly statements like, “All you need to be saved is to have faith in Jesus Christ. And once you are saved, you’re always saved.”
But this is only half of the salvation (faith alone) plan. Because they have omitted Acts 2:38: “And Peter said unto them, ‘Repent of your wrongdoings [sins] and let each of you be baptized (totally immersed) in the name of Jesus Christ. And you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’”
And when a person falls away from God’s saving grace, “their name shall be blotted out (removed) from the Lamb’s book of life.” [Revelation] Jesus Christ, who was, and is, the sacrificial lamb died for our sins.
Lastly, a fancy (ornate) meeting place isn’t actually God’s church. So here’s proof: “Where two or three people are gathered in my name, there is my church.” Where? It’s God’s people! And they can worship anywhere. That has a good atmosphere!
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue