- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Misconceptions about Christianity
Most denominations are misquoting God’s word (the Bible)! But why? Simply because they are oversimplifying, skipping over certain verses.
So, instead, they make silly statements like, “All you need to be saved is to have faith in Jesus Christ. And once you are saved, you’re always saved.”
But this is only half of the salvation (faith alone) plan. Because they have omitted Acts 2:38: “And Peter said unto them, ‘Repent of your wrongdoings [sins] and let each of you be baptized (totally immersed) in the name of Jesus Christ. And you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’”
And when a person falls away from God’s saving grace, “their name shall be blotted out (removed) from the Lamb’s book of life.” [Revelation] Jesus Christ, who was, and is, the sacrificial lamb died for our sins.
Lastly, a fancy (ornate) meeting place isn’t actually God’s church. So here’s proof: “Where two or three people are gathered in my name, there is my church.” Where? It’s God’s people! And they can worship anywhere. That has a good atmosphere!
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue