- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Misconceptions about Christianity
Most denominations are misquoting God’s word (the Bible)! But why? Simply because they are oversimplifying, skipping over certain verses.
So, instead, they make silly statements like, “All you need to be saved is to have faith in Jesus Christ. And once you are saved, you’re always saved.”
But this is only half of the salvation (faith alone) plan. Because they have omitted Acts 2:38: “And Peter said unto them, ‘Repent of your wrongdoings [sins] and let each of you be baptized (totally immersed) in the name of Jesus Christ. And you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.’”
And when a person falls away from God’s saving grace, “their name shall be blotted out (removed) from the Lamb’s book of life.” [Revelation] Jesus Christ, who was, and is, the sacrificial lamb died for our sins.
Lastly, a fancy (ornate) meeting place isn’t actually God’s church. So here’s proof: “Where two or three people are gathered in my name, there is my church.” Where? It’s God’s people! And they can worship anywhere. That has a good atmosphere!
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue