- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Sevendust headlines July 12 ByronFest Rocks the Rock concert
BYRON, Ill. — Sevendust, Pop Evil, Nonpoint, Soil, Beyond Threshold, The Last Vegas and Wayland will perform at the first ByronFest Rocks the Rock concert beginning at 4 p.m., Thursday, July 12.
The event will be at Byron Dragway, 7287 N. River Road, Byron, Ill.
Blake Horras, executive director of ByronFest, said: “The ByronFest Steering Committee is excited to bring ByronFest Rocks the Rock to the 2012 schedule of events. With ByronFest celebrating 25 years, we thought 2012 would be a great year to welcome a new opportunity and event.”
Tickets for the July 12 Rocks the Rock concert are available online at www.showclix.com. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the gate. All tickets will include a free ByronFest admission button for July 13-15.
ByronFest will be from 5 p.m. to midnight, Friday, July 13; 11 a.m. to midnight, Saturday, July 14; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, July 15, in downtown Byron, Ill.
For more details, visit www.byronfest.org or call the Byron Chamber of Commerce at (815) 234-5000.
ByronFest is a venture of the Byron Chamber of Commerce that is designed to encourage and promote tourism in the Byron area. In addition, the festival provides an opportunity for local not-for-profit entities to raise funds for their projects. During the past 17 years, ByronFest has returned more than $670,000 to local charitable organizations that have, in turn, used the funds for community improvements and programs.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue