- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Thank you to SwedishAmerican Hospital
Thank you to the staff on the seventh floor of SwedishAmerican Hospital.
Hospitals are some of the oldest institutions in the world, such as the first psychiatric hospital built in Baghdad in 705. Pennsylvania Hospital was the nation’s first and founded in 1751.
Times have changed, and we here in Rockford area are blessed with Swede’s. With my recent seven-day bout with pneumonia, I experienced the most compassionate, caring and considerate care available today. I told this (mostly) young staff that I asked a lot of questions and would appreciate honest and truthful answers. And did they ever. Every time I opened my mouth to speak, they immediately stopped what they were doing, looked intently at me, and never spoke until I finished. Straight answers, and if they didn’t know, guaranteed I would know as soon as possible.
I had no idea what to expect in a modern-era hospital today. My question now is, “Where did you find these incredible people?” Committed! From housekeeping to doctors and all that encompasses. So many people to thank, so just thank you all for taking care of me.
A couple of times when I was getting surveyed about something, I told whoever that I needed a nap and to write down these words: “I know, right now, that I am in the right place at the right time.” Thank you.
From the July 4-10, 2012, issue