- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Origami Book-Making Class at Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum July 8
Online Staff Report
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum in Rockford will have an Origami Book-Making Class at the museum Sunday, July 8. The class will begin at 2 p.m. and end at 5 p.m. Cost is $25 per person. To make a reservation, call (815) 964-2424, visit www.tinkercottage.com or e-mail Steve Litteral at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The class will be held in the Visitor Center at 2 p.m. and will have a very special guest instructor from California. Robin Lysne from Mills College in Oakland, Calif., has taught art and other classes from Michigan to California for children and adults. Her work has been exhibited from New York to California. She is the author of three books and the creator of many book art’s pieces. She also has her own publishing company, Blue Bone Books, which produced her last book, Heart Path.
Participants are asked to bring a sharp exacto knife along with scissors, stickers, and other decorations for their book. Her website is www.thecenterforthesoul.com.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum is a Rockford Park District affiliate museum and has been a museum since 1943. The museum is at 411 Kent St., Rockford. To reserve a spot on the tour, call (815) 964-2424, visit the website or e-mail email@example.com.
Posted July 5, 2012