- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Origami Book-Making Class at Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum July 8
Online Staff Report
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum in Rockford will have an Origami Book-Making Class at the museum Sunday, July 8. The class will begin at 2 p.m. and end at 5 p.m. Cost is $25 per person. To make a reservation, call (815) 964-2424, visit www.tinkercottage.com or e-mail Steve Litteral at email@example.com.
The class will be held in the Visitor Center at 2 p.m. and will have a very special guest instructor from California. Robin Lysne from Mills College in Oakland, Calif., has taught art and other classes from Michigan to California for children and adults. Her work has been exhibited from New York to California. She is the author of three books and the creator of many book art’s pieces. She also has her own publishing company, Blue Bone Books, which produced her last book, Heart Path.
Participants are asked to bring a sharp exacto knife along with scissors, stickers, and other decorations for their book. Her website is www.thecenterforthesoul.com.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum is a Rockford Park District affiliate museum and has been a museum since 1943. The museum is at 411 Kent St., Rockford. To reserve a spot on the tour, call (815) 964-2424, visit the website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted July 5, 2012