- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Baseball: Conserv FS Field Training Day; RSVP by Aug. 3
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Conserv FS will be holding a Field Training Day at RiverHawks Stadium Aug. 16, teaching proper field maintenance techniques.
The schedule of events for the day begins with registration from 1:30 to 2 p.m., followed by field demonstrations from 2 to 5 p.m. Field preparations for the game are being held from 5 to 5:30 p.m., and the night ends with a dinner and networking session with colleagues and other area experts from 6 to 7 p.m.
Conserv FS would also like to invite those attending to join them for the game that night as the RiverHawks take on the Florence Freedom beginning at 7:05 p.m. Cost of the event is $45 per person, or $39 each if two or more people register.
Registration forms are available at RiverHawks Stadium, or online at www.conservfs.com. If registering online, choose “RiverHawks Training Day!” at the bottom of the “Turf” box.
RSVP by Aug. 3 to Kimberley at fax number (815) 334-5930.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue