- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Baseball: Conserv FS Field Training Day; RSVP by Aug. 3
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Conserv FS will be holding a Field Training Day at RiverHawks Stadium Aug. 16, teaching proper field maintenance techniques.
The schedule of events for the day begins with registration from 1:30 to 2 p.m., followed by field demonstrations from 2 to 5 p.m. Field preparations for the game are being held from 5 to 5:30 p.m., and the night ends with a dinner and networking session with colleagues and other area experts from 6 to 7 p.m.
Conserv FS would also like to invite those attending to join them for the game that night as the RiverHawks take on the Florence Freedom beginning at 7:05 p.m. Cost of the event is $45 per person, or $39 each if two or more people register.
Registration forms are available at RiverHawks Stadium, or online at www.conservfs.com. If registering online, choose “RiverHawks Training Day!” at the bottom of the “Turf” box.
RSVP by Aug. 3 to Kimberley at fax number (815) 334-5930.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue