- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Baseball: Conserv FS Field Training Day; RSVP by Aug. 3
LOVES PARK, Ill. — Conserv FS will be holding a Field Training Day at RiverHawks Stadium Aug. 16, teaching proper field maintenance techniques.
The schedule of events for the day begins with registration from 1:30 to 2 p.m., followed by field demonstrations from 2 to 5 p.m. Field preparations for the game are being held from 5 to 5:30 p.m., and the night ends with a dinner and networking session with colleagues and other area experts from 6 to 7 p.m.
Conserv FS would also like to invite those attending to join them for the game that night as the RiverHawks take on the Florence Freedom beginning at 7:05 p.m. Cost of the event is $45 per person, or $39 each if two or more people register.
Registration forms are available at RiverHawks Stadium, or online at www.conservfs.com. If registering online, choose “RiverHawks Training Day!” at the bottom of the “Turf” box.
RSVP by Aug. 3 to Kimberley at fax number (815) 334-5930.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue