- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Baseball: Eight Rockford Foresters named to All-Star Game
Eight Rockford Foresters have been named to the 2012 Midwest Collegiate League All-Star Game, which will be played at 7 p.m., Wednesday, July 11, at Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex in Lisle, Ill. (home of the DuPage County Hounds).
The Forester’s All-Stars include Jameson Henning (.359 average, 13 runs, 28 hits, nine RBIs); Nick Richter (.320 average, 26 runs, 33 hits, 15 RBIs, 20 stolen bases); Jacob Lanning (.328 average, nine runs, 20 hits, 10 RBIs); Mark Goldsmith (.299 average, 11 runs, 23 hits,10 RBIs); Tom Weissbeck (.350 average, six runs, 21 hits, 16 RBIs); Cody Steed (2.12 ERA, 41 strikeouts); Joe Ross (24 1/3 innings pitched, 18 strikeouts, one complete game); and Brady Stanton (28 innings pitched, 13 strikeouts, two complete games).
Tickets for the All-Star Game are $8 each. To purchase tickets, call the DuPage County Hounds’ box office at (815) 704-3839.
The Rockford Foresters play their home games at Marinelli Field, 101 15th Ave., Rockford. The team is last in the Midwest Collegiate League’s North Division with a record of 8-23. Remaining home games include 7 p.m., Friday, July 13, against the DeKalb County Liners; 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 24, against the Chicago Zephyrs; 7 p.m., Friday, July 27, against the Northwest Indiana Oilmen; 7 p.m., Saturday, July 28, against the DuPage County Hounds; and 5 p.m., Sunday, July 29, against the DuPage County Hounds.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue