- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Baseball: Eight Rockford Foresters named to All-Star Game
Eight Rockford Foresters have been named to the 2012 Midwest Collegiate League All-Star Game, which will be played at 7 p.m., Wednesday, July 11, at Village of Lisle-Benedictine University Sports Complex in Lisle, Ill. (home of the DuPage County Hounds).
The Forester’s All-Stars include Jameson Henning (.359 average, 13 runs, 28 hits, nine RBIs); Nick Richter (.320 average, 26 runs, 33 hits, 15 RBIs, 20 stolen bases); Jacob Lanning (.328 average, nine runs, 20 hits, 10 RBIs); Mark Goldsmith (.299 average, 11 runs, 23 hits,10 RBIs); Tom Weissbeck (.350 average, six runs, 21 hits, 16 RBIs); Cody Steed (2.12 ERA, 41 strikeouts); Joe Ross (24 1/3 innings pitched, 18 strikeouts, one complete game); and Brady Stanton (28 innings pitched, 13 strikeouts, two complete games).
Tickets for the All-Star Game are $8 each. To purchase tickets, call the DuPage County Hounds’ box office at (815) 704-3839.
The Rockford Foresters play their home games at Marinelli Field, 101 15th Ave., Rockford. The team is last in the Midwest Collegiate League’s North Division with a record of 8-23. Remaining home games include 7 p.m., Friday, July 13, against the DeKalb County Liners; 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 24, against the Chicago Zephyrs; 7 p.m., Friday, July 27, against the Northwest Indiana Oilmen; 7 p.m., Saturday, July 28, against the DuPage County Hounds; and 5 p.m., Sunday, July 29, against the DuPage County Hounds.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue