- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Beckman Mill hosts ice cream social July 15
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Ice cream, cake, root beer floats: summer is finally here! Join the Friends of Beckman Mill (FBM) in the picnic shelter July 15 for treats, music, and fun. Festivities and ice cream treats will be served from noon to 4 p.m.
Free activities include music from the Mill Road Band, a stroll in the Oak Savanna Boardwalk, visiting the museum and more. The mill will also offer grinding demonstrations, and the gift shop will be open with some new items.
“The Mill and grounds have seen many improvements this past season,” Sheri Disrud, FBM president, said. “If you haven’t visited us yet this season, the ice cream social is the perfect opportunity. Every member of the family can come and enjoy our mid-summer event. Donations are always welcome and appreciated.”
Explore the fish ladder, watch a video in the Cooperage, or simply lounge in the shelter while enjoying ice cream treats.
For more about the history of the area and to see new exhibits, visit the Museum & Cooperage. For information, call (608) 751-1551 or check out the Friends of Beckman Mill website at www.beckmanmill.org.
Beckman Mill Park is at 11600 S. County Road H, off Highway 81, in Beloit, Wis.
Posted July 11, 2012