- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Experience a Frosty Friday at Discovery Center July 13
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Discovery Center will present Frosty Friday from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, July 13.
Chill out with dry ice experiments, participate in liquid nitrogen demonstrations, test for brain-freeze, create cool art with frozen paints, turn random items into ice cubes and more.
Discovery Center Museum is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. General admission is $7 for adults and children ages 2-17, and free to museum members and children age 1 and younger. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. Call (815) 963-6769 or visit www.discoverycentermuseum.org for more details.
Posted July 11, 2012