- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
July 19 Sip & Sail benefits Park District Foundation
Experience a unique view with a different theme each time you set sail with the Rockford Park District Foundation.
“Cruisin’ on the Rock” is a series of themed cruises on the beautiful Rock River, where the second cruise, “Sip & Sail,” will take place July 19 (rain date is July 26).
The cruise on the Forest City Queen will depart from the Riverview Ice House dock at 324 N. Madison St. in downtown Rockford. Before boarding the cruise, enjoy musical entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, and networking on land.
By buying a boarding pass, you are supporting the Rockford Park District Foundation. The mission of the Rockford Park District Foundation is to assist the Rockford Park District by securing philanthropic support on its behalf, and enhancing awareness of the District’s benefits to the community.
“Sip & Sail” begins at 5 p.m., Thursday, July 19, with social hour, light food and pictures taken by Jason Baldridge. Boarding time is $6 p.m. with docking time of 7:30 p.m. Cost is $35 per person.
Sit back and take in the sights along the Rock River while sipping a sampling of wines and enjoying music on board the Forest City Queen. Experience the sifting, swirling, smelling and then tasting of complex wines. A wine expert will present 10 wines, from the rich and rustic to the elegant and delightful white, red and incredibly delicious dessert wines. While on board, learn more about the best buys, and discover what makes these great wines so special. All guests must be 21 years of age with valid ID to board.
Reservations for “Sip & Sail” can be made by calling (815) 987-1632, and are required by Monday, July 16.
For additional information about “Cruisin’ on the Rock,” contact Lisa Alexander, Rockford Park District Foundation Donor Relations coordinator, at (815) 987-1632 or email@example.com.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue