- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
July 19 Sip & Sail benefits Park District Foundation
Experience a unique view with a different theme each time you set sail with the Rockford Park District Foundation.
“Cruisin’ on the Rock” is a series of themed cruises on the beautiful Rock River, where the second cruise, “Sip & Sail,” will take place July 19 (rain date is July 26).
The cruise on the Forest City Queen will depart from the Riverview Ice House dock at 324 N. Madison St. in downtown Rockford. Before boarding the cruise, enjoy musical entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, and networking on land.
By buying a boarding pass, you are supporting the Rockford Park District Foundation. The mission of the Rockford Park District Foundation is to assist the Rockford Park District by securing philanthropic support on its behalf, and enhancing awareness of the District’s benefits to the community.
“Sip & Sail” begins at 5 p.m., Thursday, July 19, with social hour, light food and pictures taken by Jason Baldridge. Boarding time is $6 p.m. with docking time of 7:30 p.m. Cost is $35 per person.
Sit back and take in the sights along the Rock River while sipping a sampling of wines and enjoying music on board the Forest City Queen. Experience the sifting, swirling, smelling and then tasting of complex wines. A wine expert will present 10 wines, from the rich and rustic to the elegant and delightful white, red and incredibly delicious dessert wines. While on board, learn more about the best buys, and discover what makes these great wines so special. All guests must be 21 years of age with valid ID to board.
Reservations for “Sip & Sail” can be made by calling (815) 987-1632, and are required by Monday, July 16.
For additional information about “Cruisin’ on the Rock,” contact Lisa Alexander, Rockford Park District Foundation Donor Relations coordinator, at (815) 987-1632 or email@example.com.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue