- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
Poker Run Ride for the Kids July 14
By Pat James
Saturday, July 14, a Poker Run will be held at the Wheel Inn in South Beloit. The run is to raise money for the needy children’s Christmas. Each year, we get the names of around 100 children and buy toys for them. We have done this for 36 years. We ask your support to ride and help with this cause.
The ride will be 95 miles, leaving South Beloit by noon and back by 4:30 p.m. Check-in is at the Wheel Inn at South Beloit between 10 a.m. and noon.
Cost of the ride is $15 for driver, $10 for passenger. Food will be served after the ride. There will be 50/50 raffles and a good time for all.
All motorcycles are invited, or bring your car or truck. There’s no excuse to have a motorcycle that cost money and not to ride.
Join us for a great time and to help the children. Your support is appreciated. Call Dad’s Lad’s Barber Shop at (815) 389-1224 for information or tickets, or stop in at the barber shop at 609 Blackhawk Blvd., South Beloit.
Posted July 11, 2012