- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Poker Run Ride for the Kids July 14
By Pat James
Saturday, July 14, a Poker Run will be held at the Wheel Inn in South Beloit. The run is to raise money for the needy children’s Christmas. Each year, we get the names of around 100 children and buy toys for them. We have done this for 36 years. We ask your support to ride and help with this cause.
The ride will be 95 miles, leaving South Beloit by noon and back by 4:30 p.m. Check-in is at the Wheel Inn at South Beloit between 10 a.m. and noon.
Cost of the ride is $15 for driver, $10 for passenger. Food will be served after the ride. There will be 50/50 raffles and a good time for all.
All motorcycles are invited, or bring your car or truck. There’s no excuse to have a motorcycle that cost money and not to ride.
Join us for a great time and to help the children. Your support is appreciated. Call Dad’s Lad’s Barber Shop at (815) 389-1224 for information or tickets, or stop in at the barber shop at 609 Blackhawk Blvd., South Beloit.
Posted July 11, 2012