- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Steve Spurgin & Dan Crary in Concert Conversations July 17
Snapshotmusic will present Steve Spurgin and Dan Crary in the latest installment of the series “Concert Conversations” at 6 p.m. Tuesday, July 17, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St.
The mission of Concert Conversations is to give the artist a comfortable (and acoustically delicious) space with professional sound and lighting in which to share with an attentive and intelligent audience, the passion of the art that drives him/her, which speaks to the passion that drives us.
A life of music began early for Steve Spurgin, starting with lessons in classical piano at age 5, moving on to French horn and choral training in school. The performing bug bit in the early ’60s when Steve picked up a folk guitar and started entertaining his school mates with the songs of his heroes like Bob Dylan and Gordon Lightfoot. In the summer of 1965, fresh out of high school, the first paying job in music came along, and Spurgin launched a professional career that has touched on five decades and entered a new century.
Dan Crary is one of the elite few flatpick guitar players who has earned true “legendary” status. His distinctive playing style and intense power have made him stand out from the crowd for decades. The multiple awards and credits he has garnered over the years attest to Dan’s recognized status as a master of his chosen instrument. From his early days with the groundbreaking Bluegrass Alliance, to the stunningly creative BCH trio with Byron Berline and John Hickman, to the multi-award-winning band California to his new sound fusion ensemble, Dan Crary and Thunderation, the amazing music just keeps flowing through Dan’s muscular pick and sonorous voice.
Seating at $10 per person is limited to the first 80 people who arrive. For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.Snapshotmusic.com.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue