- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
The Cajun Strangers at Sinnissippi July 14
Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts and the Rockford Park District continue with the 14th Annual Sinnissippi Summer Series. Saturday, July 14, celebrate Bastille Day with the Web with French-rooted Cajun music performed by The Cajun Strangers at 7:30 p.m. at Sinnissippi Park Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St. Admission is free.
Their latest CD, Cajun Country Ramble, released on Swallow Records, has been awarded the 2010 Prix DeHors de Nous from the Cajun French Music Association. The CFMA gives the award for the best CD by a band outside of Louisiana.
“It’s a big honor for us, and we’re very proud that this is the second time we’ve received this distinction,” said a band member. The band consists of Brian O’Donnel on fiddle, John Romano on accordion and vocals, Tom “Big Nick” Nickel on guitar, accordion and fiddle, Karen Holden, t-fer, on dance instruction, Jim Schwall on bass and Colin Bazsali on drums and harmonica.
Rain site is Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 415 N. Church St. Call (815) 987-8800 after 2:30 p.m. on the day of the concert for rain site info. Picnic baskets are welcome, no alcohol. The Rockford Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist guests with special needs. The Music Shell is wheelchair accessible. An assistive listening system is available for those who are hard of hearing. For special assistance, call (815) 987-1600 (voice/TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit www.CharlottesWebofRockford.org.
From the July 11-17, 2012, issue