- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days set for July 20-21
• Event will be at Edgebrook Center and Loves Park and East State Logli locations
Alpine Kiwanis Club of Rockford’s “World’s Largest Kiwanis Brat Days” will be from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday, July 20, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 21.
The event will be at Edgebrook Center, 1639 N. Alpine Road, Rockford; Logli, 6410 E. State St., Rockford; and Logli, 1810 Harlem Road, Loves Park, Ill.
Each site will feature local, live entertainment, and drive-through service is available at both Logli locations.
A ticket price of $5 in advance and $6 at the event includes choices of Johnsonville brat, quarter-pound all-beef Johnsonville hot dog or meatless barbecue, plus chips and a beverage of choice. Vegetarian brats are only available at the Harlem Road location.
Tickets can be purchased at both Logli locations at the customer service counter, plus all Alpine Bank locations and MembersAlliance Credit Union locations at South Alpine Road and Olde Creek Road. For orders larger than 25, call (815) 243- 6909 by 5 p.m., Thursday, July 19, with quantity, location and time for pick-up.
“Take Your Brat to Work Day” will be offered at Logli on North Alpine and Harlem in drive-through only from 6 to 9 a.m., Friday, July 20. Breakfast brats are $2.50 each.
All profits are given directly to local non-profits and to area youth in the form of scholarships in addition to support of national disasters. The Alpine Kiwanis Club has given more than $1 million to help those in need, both locally and internationally.
For an entertainment schedule and more information, visit www.alpinekiwanis-il.com.
Johnsonville Big Taste Grill
The Johnsonville Big Taste Grill will be at the Brat Days’ Loves Park Logli location. Hours will be 6 a.m.-8 p.m., July 20, and 10 a.m.-5 pm., July 21.
The semi-truck-sized Big Taste Grill weighs in at 53,000 pounds and measures 65 feet long, 20 feet high and 6 feet in diameter. It has the ability to hold up to 10 grillers, preparing 750 brats at a time, or 2,500 brats per hour.
The Johnsonville Big Taste Grill has a history of helping communities like Rockford. Since it was first introduced in 1995, as part of Johnsonville Sausage’s 50th anniversary celebration, the Big Taste Grill has helped raise more than $3 million for charitable groups and organizations throughout North America.
The Big Taste Grill travels year-round throughout North America, grilling brats and helping raise money for deserving organizations. In addition to countless local events including state fairs, community festivals and air shows, the grills have also appeared at a number of major events over the years. For example, the Big Taste Grill has appeared at several Super Bowls, the Daytona 500, the Kentucky Derby, the Pentagon and more.
From the July 18-24, 2012, issue